It is really a great time for me to go hiking (because I often have other agendas when my cousins invite me to hike). Anyway, I suggest that it is better not to hike during holidays. You’ll gonna be spending much time in the traffic jam- just like what I experienced.
Mt. Pamitinan is one of the mountains in Montalban, Rizal. Others are Mt. Hapunang Banoi, Mt. Ayaas, and Mt. Binakayan. Mt. Pamitinan, which was the one that I hiked was 157 MASL. I don’t know the specs or degree, so don’t ask me.
WHAT ARE THERE?
- Limestones (what’s bad was it was drizzling when we’re hiking. It’s slippery)
- Scenic view of Rizal province.
HOW TO GO THERE?
- From Santolan Station, we rode a jeepney going to Mcdonald’s Sta. Lucia. There are two Mcdonald’s so go to the branch that has Drivethru.
- Ride a jeepney going to Rodriguez, Rizal or just tell the driver that you’re going to Brgy. Wawa.
- From Rodriguez Rizal, ride a trike going to Brgy. Wawa.
HOW TO GO BACK?
- There is a jeepney going to Roriguez, Rizal. Tell the driver to drop you off at Puregold, Rodriguez.
- There is a van going to Cubao.
WHAT TO DO?
- Register at the tourism office or barangay hall.
- Get a tour guide.
- Buy necessities like gloves or arm protector sleeves. (optional)
- Start the trek.
Hiking this mountain was so much fun. The rocks are very sharp but rock climbing is easier for me. Just one wrong step and you’ll die but that is the thrilling part of climbing. I got wounds and bruises but that scars will be the unforgettable memories. DRAMA! Hahaha.
As a first time hiker, this mountain is not boring.
I love water. After hiking, this one is a good place to relax because it is like Ace Water Spa. However, you need to take a rest from hiking before swimming to avoid folk illness.
- Mcdonald’s Sta. Lucia to Rodriguez, Rizal – P 26
- Tricycle to Brgy. Wawa – P 12/person
- Tour Guide – P 500 (We’re 5 so we spend P 100 each)
- Registration fee – P 2
- Jeep back to Rodriguez Rizal – P 9
- FX going to Cubao – P 40
TOTAL EXPENSE: P 189 (But we spent 260 each because we bought food and gloves. So, it is better if you pack lunch)
Hiking Mt. Pamitinan is really fun and exciting. Being a first time hiker made me feel like I’m a foreigner in my own country. However, I tend to appreciate the Philippines more. So guys, especially young people, explore more. Start from your own country because you’ll really love it and realized that it’s your own land where you won’t let others conquer it.
Your curious friend,